- C. Breazeal, Designing Sociable Robots, MIT Press. 2002. [BOOK]
- C. Breazeal (2003). Social Interactions in HRI: The Robot View. IEEE Transactions in Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C, 34(2), 181-186. [PDF]
- C. Breazeal (2003). Emotion and Sociable Humanoid Robots. International Journal of Human Computer Interaction, vol. 59, pp. 119-155. [PDF]
Education & Psychology
- Kory-Westlund, J. M., Jeong, S., Park, H. W., Ronfard, S., Adhikari, A., Harris, P. L., DeSteno, D., & Breazeal, C. (2017). Flat versus expressive storytelling: young children’s learning and retention of a social robot’s narrative. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 11. online [PRE PRINT PDF]
- Breazeal, C., Harris, P., DeSteno, D., Kory, J., Dickens, L., & Jeong, S. (2016). Young children treat robots as informants. Topics in Cognitive Science, pp. 1-11.
- Gordon, G., Breazeal, C., & Engel, S. (2015). Can Children Catch Curiosity from a Social Robot? In Proceedings of the Tenth Annual ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction (pp. 91-98). ACM.
- A. Chang & C. Breazeal. (2011). TinkRBook: shared reading interfaces for storytelling. In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Interaction Design and Children, (pp. 145-148). ACM. [PDF]
- Kory-Westlund, J. M., & Breazeal, C. (2019). Exploring the effects of a social robot’s speech entrainment and backstory on young children’s emotion, rapport, relationships, and learning. Frontiers in Robotics and AI, 6. [online][PDF]
- Gordon, G., Spaulding, S., Kory Westlund, J., Lee, J., Plummer, L., Martinez, M., Das, M., & Breazeal, C. (2016). Affective Personalization of a Social Robot Tutor for Children’s Second Language Skills. In Proceedings of the 30th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence. AAAI: Palo Alto, CA.
Training Robots with Human Feedback
- W. Bradley Knox, Cynthia Breazeal, and Peter Stone. Training a Robot via Human Feedback: A Case Study. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Social Robotics (ICSR). October, 2013. *Best Paper Award* [PDF]
- C. Breazeal, N. DePalma, J. Orkin, S. Chernova, & M. Jung (2013). Crowdsourcing Human-Robot Interaction: New Methods and System Evaluation in a Public Environment. Journal of Human-Robot Interaction, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 82-111. [PDF]
Trust & Non-verbal Behavior
- D. Desteno, C. Breazeal, R. H. Frank, D. Pizarro, J. Baumann, L. Dickens, and J. J. Lee (2012). Detecting the Trustworthiness of Novel Partners in Economic Exchange. Psychological Science, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 1549– 1556. [PDF]
- S. Adalgeirsson and C. Breazeal (2010). Mebot, a robotic platform for socially embodied telepresence. In Proceedings of the Fifth ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction. *Best Paper Nomination*[PDF]
Mind-reading & Intelligence
- C. Breazeal, J. Gray, & M. Berlin (2009). An Embodied Cognition Approach to Mindreading Skills for Socially Intelligent Robots. International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 28, no. 5, pp.656-680. [PDF]
- G. Hoffman & C. Breazeal (2010). Effects of Anticipatory Perceptual Simulation on Practiced Human-robot Tasks. Autonomous Robots, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 403-423. [PDF]